Wigmore Hall and Bechstein Pianos

Wigmore Hall first opened in 1901 under the name Bechstein Hall. With so much history, it was a joy to have one of the original Bechstein pianos back on our stage, having been lovingly restored by Peter Salisbury.

Bechstein HallThis video shows the story of how the piano was rebuilt, restored and played at Wigmore Hall for the first time in over a century. Pierre-Laurent Aimard and Julian Anderson discuss the importance and significance of the heritage of Bechstein pianos and their historic link to Wigmore Hall.