Amelia Freedman in Conversation
Sandy Burnett talks to Amelia Freedman CBE about the ethos of the Nash Ensemble which she founded 46 years ago, the reasons for their longevity and success, her commissioning and programming strategies for contemporary music, and the moving experiences of the Nash Ensemble's Theresianstadt weekend at Wigmore Hall in 2010.
Listen / Download
Podcast: Amelia Freedman in Conversation
To play the media you will need to either update your browser to a recent version or update your Flash plugin
To download a copy of this podcast, right-click (Windows) or CTRL-click (Mac) here and choose the 'Save as…' option.
All music clips are taken from Nash Ensemble recordings on Wigmore Hall Live:
- Mendelssohn: Octet in E flat Op. 20 – Allegro moderato, ma con fuoco - extract taken from extract taken from WHLive0001
- Beethoven: Clarinet Trio in B flat, Op.11 – Adagio - extract taken from WHLive0001
- Elliott Carter: 'Mosaic' - taken from a Wigmore Hall concert on 25 March 2009
- Moscheles: Fantasy, Variations and Finale, Op. 46 – Finale - extract taken from WHLive0007
- Schumann: Märchenzählungen, Op. 132 – Lebhaft, sehr markiert - extract taken from WHLive0007