Annual Fund Appeal - Help us raise £100,000 for 2018/19
Wigmore Hall’s Annual Fund provides our audience members with the opportunity to make a gift of any amount to help ensure that our programme can remain as vibrant and engaging as ever. We are immensely grateful to you for supporting us in any way that you can.
EVERY GIFT COUNTS towards our target of £100,000
In 2017, the Annual Fund appeal raised an amazing £90,000 and our audiences are now experiencing first-hand the benefits of all these collective annual gifts.
During the course of the 2017/18 Season, the Fund made a contribution to:
- The extensive refurbishment of our public toilet facilities – a project long overdue!
- The redesign and reduced cost of our nightly programmes
- The expansion of the Hall’s Early Music, Contemporary Music and Jazz series
- More young or unknown artists making their Wigmore debuts
- Filming, recording and online broadcasts from the Hall. In addition to 200,000 attendances at the Hall, we also had 133,000 views of our concerts and Learning events online in 2017
- Our Learning programme – working with people of all ages here at the Hall and in a variety of settings
No matter the size of your gift, all annual support from our audience has a significant impact on everything that we do:
Depending on the scale of the production it can cost anything between £3,000 and £6,000 to film a concert for broadcast
£1,000 would pay for two full-day workshops led by our Learning team in a hospital, school or residential care home
£500 would help us heat and light the Hall for a day
£300 would provide a group of young people with an introductory workshop before a concert
£100 would pay for one pre-concert piano tune – and these happen nearly every day
Thank you for helping us,
Director of Wigmore Hall