Thursday 6 April 2017 7:30PM
Bernarda Fink mezzo-soprano; Ensemble Prisma Wien; Thomas Fheodoroff director, violin
Schubert, Haydn and Dvořák
This concert will be followed by the annual Patron Friends dinner. See below for further details
This concert will be approximately 2 hours in duration, including an interval
Ticket bookings are subject to a £2.00 booking fee. This fee covers the whole booking and is not per ticket.
- Bernarda Fink mezzo-soprano
- Ensemble Prisma Wien* *Wigmore Hall Debut
- Thomas Fheodoroff director, violin
Vienna occupied the heart of a vast empire during the years in which the works in this programme were conceived, one held together by a curious mix of repression, incompetence and time-honoured traditions. The Habsburg Empire, for all its faults, provided ideal conditions for a remarkable flourishing of music and musicians.
Prisma Wien, founded in 2006 as a flexible ensemble dedicated to playfulness, truth and vision, makes its Wigmore Hall debut under the direction of violinist Thomas Fheodoroff. Their programme is cut from rich material, complete with Haydn’s dramatic scena Arianna a Naxos and Dvořák’s Biblical Songs performed by Wigmore Hall favourite Bernarda Fink.
This concert will be followed by the annual Patron Friends dinner. To book for the dinner please contact the Friends Office on 020 7258 8230.
- With grateful thanks to the Supporter, Benefactor and Patron Friends of Wigmore Hall
Franz Schubert (1797-1828)
- 5 Minuets D89
- Impromptu in C minor D899 No. 1 (arr. Thomas Fheodoroff for strings)
Joseph Haydn (1732-1809)
- Arianna a Naxos HXXVIb:2
Antonín Dvořák (1841-1904)
String Quintet in G major Op. 77
- II. Scherzo. Allegro vivace
- III. Poco andante
- Biblické písne (Biblical Songs) Op. 99 (arr. Christian Mondrup for voice, oboe and strings)
- String Quintet in G major Op. 77