Wednesday 26 February 2020 7:30PM
Castalian String Quartet; Cédric Tiberghien piano
Schumann and Brahms
This concert will be approximately 2 hours in duration, including an interval
Ticket bookings are subject to a £3 booking fee. This fee covers the whole booking and is not per ticket.
- Castalian String Quartet
- Cédric Tiberghien piano
In a programme in which it is partnered by Cédric Tiberghien in Schumann’s ebullient quintet, the impressive Castalian String Quartet, which has won numerous awards since its formation in 2011, explores Brahms’ final quartet (1876) and the second of three by his mentor Schumann (1842).
- Supported by the members of the Rubinstein Circle
- All concerts featuring the Castalian String Quartet in the 2019/20 Brahms Series are supported by a contribution from Sir Siegmund Warburg's Voluntary Settlement
- The Brahms Series is made possible with additional support from the Wigmore Hall Endowment Fund
Robert Schumann (1810-1856)
- String Quartet in F Op. 41 No. 2
Johannes Brahms (1833-1897)
- String Quartet in B flat Op. 67
- Piano Quintet in E flat Op. 44