Monday 14 December 2015 7:30PM
La Nuova Musica; David Bates director
Change of Artist
Due to unforeseen circumstances, Callum Thorpe (bass-baritone; ‘Gelone’) is no longer able to take part in this concert. He will be replaced by Edward Grint (bass-baritone).
- La Nuova Musica
- David Bates director
- Anna Stephany mezzo-soprano (as Orontea)
- Jonathan McGovern baritone (as Alidoro)
- Mary Bevan soprano (as Silandra)
- Michal Czerniawski countertenor (as Corindo)
- Anat Edri soprano (as Giacinta)
- Samuel Furness tenor (as Aristea)
- Timothy Dickinson bass (as Creonte)
- Christopher Turner tenor (as Tibrino)
- Edward Grint bass-baritone (as Gelone)
In the mere eight years since La Nuova Musica’s foundation, the ensemble has surged to prominence, hailed by BBC Radio 3 as ‘one of the most exciting consorts in the Early Music field’, and acclaimed by reviewers worldwide for the expressive freedom, deep intelligence and coruscating beauty of its performances.
Arguably one of the most popular operas of the seventeenth century, La Nuova Musica and its stellar line-up of singers bring to life this work in the intimate setting of Wigmore Hall.
Antonio Cesti (1623-1669)