Monday 11 September 2017 7:30PM
Beethoven and Matan Porat
This concert is part of Chamber Zone, a free ticket scheme for young people aged 8-25 years old. Please call the Box Office on 020 7935 2141 and quote “Chamber Zone” to book
This concert will be approximately 2 hours in duration, including an interval
Ticket bookings are subject to a £2.00 booking fee. This fee covers the whole booking and is not per ticket.
- Cuarteto Casals
Cuarteto Casals’s Beethoven Cycle opens with a work known above all for the melancholy slow introduction to its finale and continues with the composer’s concise final string quartet.
Israeli pianist and composer Matan Porat’s new quartet offers a fresh way to approach the meditative focus of the String Quartet in A minor Op. 132, completed following Beethoven’s recovery from serious illness in 1825.
Ludwig van Beethoven (1770-1827)
- String Quartet in B flat major Op. 18 No. 6
- String Quartet in F major Op. 135
Matan Porat (b.1982)
- String Quartet 'Otzma' (world première) 
Ludwig van Beethoven
- String Quartet in A minor Op. 132
- Commissioned by Wigmore Hall with the support of André Hoffmann, president of the Fondation Hoffmann, a Swiss grant-making foundation