Wednesday 24 April 2019 7:30PM
Dame Sarah Connolly mezzo-soprano; Anna Huntley mezzo-soprano; Robin Tritschler tenor; Malcolm Martineau piano
Addition of Artist
Anna Huntley will be joining as an additional mezzo-soprano for this concert, alongside Dame Sarah Connolly. All other artists and programme remain the same.
This concert will be approximately 2 hours in duration, including an interval
Ticket bookings are subject to a £3 booking fee. This fee covers the whole booking and is not per ticket.
- Dame Sarah Connolly mezzo-soprano
- Anna Huntley mezzo-soprano
- Robin Tritschler tenor
- Malcolm Martineau piano
Two leading singers join Malcolm Martineau in the final concert of the series, with a programme featuring Myrthen, one of Schumann’s major song collections, presented in 1840 to Clara Wieck as a wedding present from her new husband: myrtles are regularly made into bridal wreaths.
- With grateful thanks to the Patron, Benefactor and Supporter Friends of Wigmore Hall
- The Schumann Song Series is made possible with additional support from the Wigmore Hall Endowment Fund
Robert Schumann (1810-1856)
- Myrthen Op. 25
- Er und Sie Op. 78 No. 2
Spanisches Liederspiel Op. 74
- In der Nacht
- Liebhabers Ständchen Op. 34 No. 2
- Unterm Fenster Op. 34 No. 3