Thursday 4 May 2017 7:30PM
Francesco Piemontesi piano
- Francesco Piemontesi piano
Francesco Piemontesi launched his complete cycle of Mozart’s piano sonatas at the end of last season, introducing his series by neatly dovetailing with the close of Wigmore Hall’s Mozart Odyssey.
The Italian pianist, universally recognised among today’s finest Mozarteans, opens his latest programme with the splendid Variations on a Minuet by Frederick the Great’s court cellist and continues with the composer’s penultimate sonata, a work considered by Alfred Einstein to be ‘perhaps the most completely rounded of them all’.
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (1756-1791)
- 9 Variations on a Minuet by Duport K573
- Piano Sonata in B flat major K570
- Piano Sonata in C major K309
- Piano Sonata in C major K330
- Piano Sonata in A minor K310