Wednesday 14 October 2020 7:30PM
Fretwork; Elizabeth Kenny lute
Dowland and Williams
This concert will be approximately 2 hours in duration, including an interval
Priority Bookings made for our 2020/21 Season Autumn concerts are subject to an administration fee of £4.00 per booking.
This event is currently only available to Friends of Wigmore Hall, as part of a Priority Booking request. Public booking is currently scheduled to open on Tuesday 14 July 2020.
If you are a Friend and would like to add this to your Priority Booking, please sign in; there is a 'Please sign in' link at the top of every page.
To become a Friend (from £50), and benefit from advance notice of concerts, priority booking and the opportunity to attend exclusive events, please visit Friends of Wigmore Hall.
- Elizabeth Kenny lute
Alongside pieces by the Elizabethan master Dowland is a 2004 work by Adrian Williams that reflects on his pavans.
John Dowland (1563-1626)
- The King of Denmark's Galliard
- The Earl of Essex Galliard
- Sir John Langton his Pavan
- Sir John Souch his Galliard
- Captain Piper his Galliard
- Piper's Pavan for solo lute
- Mr Henry Noel his Galliard
- Mr Giles Hoby his Galliard
- Sir Henry Umpton's Funerall
- Mrs Nichols Almand
- Mr Nicholas Gryffith his Galliard
- Fantasia in G for solo lute
- Mr George Whitehead his Almand
- Mr Bucton's Galliard
- Semper Dowland semper dolens
Adrian Williams (b.1956)
- Teares to Dreames