Friday 16 June 2017 7:00PM
Jasper String Quartet
Haydn, Aaron Jay Kernis and Debussy
Please note that the starting time is 7:00pm
All 2016/17 concerts in the Contemporary series are now open for booking.
This concert will be approximately 2 hours in duration, including an interval
Ticket bookings are subject to a £2.00 booking fee. This fee covers the whole booking and is not per ticket.
- Jasper String Quartet* *Wigmore Hall Debut
Winners of the Cleveland Quartet Award, the Jasper String Quartet marks its Wigmore Hall debut with the UK première of ‘River’ by Aaron Jay Kernis, specially written for the group in 2015.
The programme also includes Debussy’s pioneering String Quartet in G minor, a work of the early 1890s influenced by recent developments in Impressionist art and Symbolist literature.
Joseph Haydn (1732-1809)
- String Quartet in G major Op. 76 No. 1
Aaron Jay Kernis (b.1960)
- String Quartet No. 3 'River' (UK première) 
Claude Debussy (1862-1918)
- String Quartet in G minor Op. 10
- Co-commissioned by Caramoor, Carnegie Hall, Classic Chamber Concerts (Naples, FL), Chamber Music Monterey Bay (CA), Chamber Music Northwest (OR), Chamber Music America, and by Wigmore Hall with the support of André Hoffmann, president of the Fondation Hoffmann, a Swiss grant-making foundation.