Saturday 6 January 2018 7:30PM
Helsinki Baroque Orchestra; Aapo Häkkinen; Carolyn Sampson
Telemann and Bach
This concert will be approximately 2 hours in duration, including an interval
Ticket bookings are subject to a £2.00 booking fee. This fee covers the whole booking and is not per ticket.
- Helsinki Baroque Orchestra
- Aapo Häkkinen director, harpsichord
- Carolyn Sampson soprano
Joys and sorrows, tragedy and comedy pulse through Helsinki Baroque Orchestra’s programme.
The orchestra opens with Telemann’s Ouverture burlesque, with its miniature portraits of stock pantomime characters, and is joined by Gramophone Award-winning soprano Carolyn Sampson in Telemann’s mock-serious funeral music for a dead canary and Bach’s Jauchzet Gott in allen Landen, among the most joyful of his cantatas.
Georg Phillipp Telemann (1681-1767)
- Ouverture burlesque in B flat major TWV55:B8
- Trauer-Music eines kunsterfahrenen Canarienvogels (Canary Cantata) TWV20:37
Johann Sebastian Bach (1685-1750)
- Concerto in D major for harpsichord BWV1054 (from Violin Concerto in E major BWV1042)
- Cantata: Jauchzet Gott in allen Landen BWV51