Friday 28 October 2016 7:30PM
The Prince Consort; Alisdair Hogarth artistic director, piano; Stephen Hough piano
Change of Artist
Due to unforeseen circumstances, Andrew Staples (tenor) is unable to take part in the above concert. He will be replaced by Nicholas Mulroy (tenor).
- The Prince Consort
- Christina Gansch soprano
- Jennifer Johnston mezzo-soprano
- Tim Mead countertenor
- Nicholas Mulroy tenor
- Jacques Imbrailo baritone
- Alisdair Hogarth artistic director, piano
- Stephen Hough piano
Stephen Hough, named by The Economist as one of twenty living polymaths, has achieved distinction not only as a concert pianist but also as a composer, poet, essayist and writer.
His collaboration with The Prince Consort has yielded an acclaimed recording and continues with this programme of new works, including the first performance of Hough’s Dappled Things.
Stephen Hough (b.1961)
- Dappled Things (world première) 
- Three Grave Songs
- Other Love Songs
- Danny Boy (arr. Stephen Hough)
- Commissioned by Wigmore Hall with the support of André Hoffmann, president of Fondation Hoffmann, a Swiss grant-making foundation