Sunday 9 June 2019 11:30AM
Hugo Wolf Quartett
Haydn, Komitas and Janáček
This concert will be approximately 1 hour in duration, without an interval
£16concs£14 includes programme and coffee/sherry/juice.
Ticket bookings are subject to a £3 booking fee. This fee covers the whole booking and is not per ticket.
- Hugo Wolf Quartett
Honouring the Austrian composer in their name, the 26-year-old ensemble’s programme includes an unusual item in transcriptions of Armenian folk music by the priest, musicologist and composer Komitas (1869-1935), also known as Soghomon Soghomonian, a pioneer collector of such material.
Joseph Haydn (1732-1809)
- String Quartet in G minor Op. 20 No. 3
- She is slender like a plane tree (arr. Sergey Aslamazyan)
- Oh Nazan (arr. Sergey Aslamazyan)
- Echmiadzin dance (arr. Sergey Aslamazyan)
- Clouds (arr. Sergey Aslamazyan)
- Armenian Folksongs
Leoš Janáček (1854-1928)
- String Quartet No. 1 'Kreutzer Sonata'