Thursday 5 October 2017 7:30PM
IMS Prussia Cove
Turnage, Mozart and Schubert
This concert will be approximately 2 hours in duration, including an interval
Ticket bookings are subject to a £2.00 booking fee. This fee covers the whole booking and is not per ticket.
- IMS Prussia Cove
- Arvid Engegård violin
- Savitri Grier violin
- Benedikt Schneider viola
- Hannah Strijbos viola
- Mikayel Hakhnazaryan cello
- Laura van der Heijden cello
- Matthew McDonald double bass
- Tom Poster piano
To celebrate the 40th anniversary of its Open Chamber Seminar, IMS Prussia Cove has commissioned a new quintet by Mark-Anthony Turnage, written for the same instruments as Schubert’s iconic ‘Trout’ Quintet.
IMS continues to nurture outstanding chamber music performers under the artistic directorship of cellist Steven Isserlis.
Mark-Anthony Turnage (b.1960)
- Quintet for piano and strings 'Prussian Blue' (London première) 
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (1756-1791)
- String Quintet in G minor K516
Franz Schubert (1797-1828)
- Piano Quintet in A major D667 'Trout'
- Commissioned by IMS Prussia Cove