Saturday 7 October 2017 7:30PM
Isabelle Faust violin; Alexander Melnikov fortepiano
This concert is part of Chamber Zone, a free ticket scheme for young people aged 8-25 years old. Please call the Box Office on 020 7935 2141 and quote “Chamber Zone” to book
This concert will be approximately 2 hours in duration, including an interval
Ticket bookings are subject to a £2.00 booking fee. This fee covers the whole booking and is not per ticket.
- Isabelle Faust violin
- Alexander Melnikov fortepiano
Mozart wrote his first violin sonatas during childhood. He went on to develop the genre in later years with works such as the Violin Sonata in F K377, a mix of high spirits and melancholic reflection, and the Violin Sonata in A K526, considered by many to be his finest composition for violin and keyboard.
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (1756-1791)
- Violin Sonata in E flat major K380
- 6 Variations in G minor K360 'Hélas, j’ai perdu mon amant'
- Violin Sonata in F major K377
- Violin Sonata in E minor K304
- Violin Sonata in A major K526