Sunday 26 May 2019 3:00PM
Jacques Imbrailo baritone; Alisdair Hogarth piano
Sibelius and Rachmaninov
Priority Bookings made for the Summer booking period of our 2018/19 Season are subject to an administration fee of £4.00 per booking.
This event is currently only available to Friends of Wigmore Hall, as part of a Priority Booking request. Public booking will open on Tuesday 5 February 2019.
If you are a Friend and would like to add this to your Priority Booking, please sign in; there is a 'Please sign in' link at the top of every page.
To become a Friend (from £50), and benefit from advance notice of concerts, priority booking and the opportunity to attend exclusive events, please visit Friends of Wigmore Hall.
- Jacques Imbrailo baritone
- Alisdair Hogarth piano
The South African baritone and the British pianist and song specialist select two late-Romantic composers for in-depth scrutiny in a pairing that has already won them many plaudits on disc.
Jean Sibelius (1865-1957)
5 Christmas Songs Op. 1
- Nu står jul vid snöig port
- Det mörknar ute
- Julvisa: Giv mig ej glans, ej guld, ej prakt
- På verandan vid havet Op. 38 No. 2
- Norden Op. 90 No. 1
- Svarta rosor Op. 36 No. 1
- Säv, säv, susa Op. 36 No. 4
- Den första kyssen Op. 37 No. 1
- Lasse liten Op. 37 No. 2
- Soluppgång Op. 37 No. 3
- Var det en dröm? Op. 37 No. 4
- Flickan kom ifrån sin älsklings möte Op. 37 No. 5
- 5 Christmas Songs Op. 1
Sergey Rachmaninov (1873-1943)
- Letter to K.S. Stanislavsky
- Lilacs Op. 21 No. 5
- How fair this spot Op. 21 No. 7
- On the death of a linnet Op. 21 No. 8
- Christ is risen Op. 26 No. 6
- To the children Op. 26 No. 7
- In the silence of the secret night Op. 4 No. 3
- Sing not to me, beautiful maiden Op. 4 No. 4
- Spring waters Op. 14 No. 11