Monday 12 February 2018 7:30PM
- Jerusalem Quartet
- Alexander Pavlovsky violin
- Sergei Bresler violin
- Ori Kam viola
- Kyril Zlotnikov cello
The Jerusalem Quartet has been close to Haydn’s music for more than two decades.
The programme explores works from the composer’s middle years, each containing echoes of birdsong, before closing with one of his greatest achievements, the String Quartet in G from 1799.
Joseph Haydn (1732-1809)
- String Quartet in C major Op. 33 No. 3 'The Bird'
- String Quartet in D major Op. 64 No. 5 'The Lark'
- String Quartet in G major Op. 77 No. 1
String Quartet in B flat major Op. 76 No. 4 'Sunrise'
- III. Menuet. Allegro & Trio
- String Quartet in B flat major Op. 76 No. 4 'Sunrise'