Sunday 29 September 2019 7:30PM
Jonathan Biss piano
£5 tickets for Under 35s available. Login to book. View all U35 concerts and more information
Supported by Classic FM.
This concert will be approximately 2 hours in duration, including an interval
Ticket bookings are subject to a £3 booking fee. This fee covers the whole booking and is not per ticket.
- Jonathan Biss piano
The authoritative Beethoven interpreter traverses the first decade of his career as a composer of piano sonatas, from his earliest canonical work in the form (composed in 1793-5 and published the following year) to the expansive sonata written in 1803-4 and dedicated to Count Ferdinand von Waldstein.
Ludwig van Beethoven (1770-1827)
- Piano Sonata No. 1 in F minor Op. 2 No. 1
- Piano Sonata No. 9 in E Op. 14 No. 1
- Piano Sonata No. 13 in E flat Op. 27 No. 1 'Quasi una fantasia'
- Piano Sonata No. 12 in A flat Op. 26 'Funeral March'
- Piano Sonata No. 21 in C Op. 53 'Waldstein'