- Jonathan Biss piano
This selection brings together works from various phases of Beethoven’s creativity, from the C major Op. 3 No. 2 sonata of 1795 to the substantial A major sonata of 1816, which heralds the composer’s final period.
Wigmore Hall Podcasts
Following each concert in his Beethoven Piano Sonata series, Jonathan Biss will host a post-concert talk in the Hall. On Sunday 29 September, this took the form of a Question & Answer session with the audience.
Ludwig van Beethoven (1770-1827)
- Piano Sonata No. 15 in D Op. 28 'Pastoral'
- Piano Sonata No. 20 in G Op. 49 No. 2
- Piano Sonata No. 3 in C Op. 2 No. 3
- Piano Sonata No. 27 in E minor Op. 90
- Piano Sonata No. 28 in A Op. 101