Monday 20 April 2020 7:30PM
Jonathan Biss piano
This concert will be approximately 2 hours in duration, including an interval
Ticket bookings are subject to a £3 booking fee. This fee covers the whole booking and is not per ticket.
- Jonathan Biss piano
Jonathan Biss’s programme samples works representing different periods of Beethoven’s creativity, from the B flat sonata, Op. 22 (1800), through to the E major, Op. 109 (1820), and including one of the best known of all in the Sonata quasi una fantasia, Op. 27, No. 2 (1801), nicknamed the ‘Moonlight’.
Wigmore Hall Podcasts
Following each concert in his Beethoven Piano Sonata series, Jonathan Biss will host a post-concert talk in the Hall. On Sunday 29 September, this took the form of a Question & Answer session with the audience.
Ludwig van Beethoven (1770-1827)
- Piano Sonata No. 25 in G Op. 79
- Piano Sonata No. 11 in B flat Op. 22
- Piano Sonata No. 14 in C sharp minor Op. 27 No. 2 'Moonlight'
- Piano Sonata No. 24 in F sharp Op. 78
- Piano Sonata No. 30 in E Op. 109