Sunday 25 October 2020 7:30PM
Katharina Konradi soprano; Joseph Middleton piano
Tchaikovsky, Laitman, F Mendelssohn and Mendelssohn
This concert will be approximately 2 hours in duration, including an interval
Priority Bookings made for our 2020/21 Season Autumn concerts are subject to an administration fee of £4.00 per booking.
This event is currently only available to Friends of Wigmore Hall, as part of a Priority Booking request. Public booking is currently scheduled to open on Tuesday 14 July 2020.
If you are a Friend and would like to add this to your Priority Booking, please sign in; there is a 'Please sign in' link at the top of every page.
To become a Friend (from £50), and benefit from advance notice of concerts, priority booking and the opportunity to attend exclusive events, please visit Friends of Wigmore Hall.
- Katharina Konradi soprano
- Joseph Middleton piano
The Kyrgyzstan-born soprano includes a group of songs by Mendelssohn’s sister Fanny Hensel and a new commission by the contemporary American Lori Laitman.
Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky (1840-1893)
- It was in the early spring Op. 38 No. 2
- At the ball Op. 38 No. 3
- Do not believe, my friend Op. 6 No. 1
- None but the lonely heart Op. 6 No. 6
- Spring (The Snow is Already Melting) Op. 54 No. 9
- Cradle song Op. 16 No. 1
- Serenade (O child, beneath thy window) Op. 63 No. 6
Lori Laitman (b.1955)
- Scenes from childhood (world première) 
Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky
- 6 mélodies Op. 65
Fanny Mendelssohn (1805-1847)
- 6 Lieder Op. 7
Felix Mendelssohn (1809-1847)
- Frühlingslied Op. 47 No. 3
- Die Liebende schreibt Op. 86 No. 3
- Frage Op. 9 No. 1
- Nachtlied Op. 71 No. 6
- Co-commissioned by BBC Radio 3 and the Royal Philharmonic Society