Tuesday 22 May 2018 7:30PM
La Nuova Musica; David Bates director; Tim Mead countertenor
Change of Programme
The programme for this concert has changed from previously advertised and will now be as listed below.
This concert will be approximately 2 hours in duration, including an interval
Ticket bookings are subject to a £2.00 administration fee. This fee covers the whole booking and is not per ticket.
- La Nuova Musica
- David Bates director
- Tim Mead countertenor
- Leila Schayegh violin
- Anais Chen violin, concertmaster
- Jane Rogers viola
- Jordan Bowron viola
- Patrick Beaugiraud oboe
- Silas Wollston harpsichord, organ
La Nuova Musica celebrates the sacred and secular Bach.
Tim Mead’s recent recording of the composer’s solo cantatas with David Bates’s group, two of which frame this programme, harvested rave reviews and caught the mellifluous beauty of his countertenor voice.
- Supported by the Season Patrons who have made a major contribution to the 2017/18 Wigmore Series
Johann Sebastian Bach (1685-1750)
- Brandenburg Concerto No. 6 in B flat major BWV1051
- Cantata: Widerstehe doch der Sünde BWV54
- Concerto in C minor for oboe and violin BWV1060 (reconst.)
- Concerto for two violins in D minor 'Double Concerto' BWV1043
- Cantata: Vergnügte Ruh, beliebte Seelenlust BWV170