Thursday 5 April 2018 7:30PM
Le Concert d'Astrée; Emmanuelle Haïm; Sabine Devieilhe; Lea Desandre
Change of Artist:
Due to unforeseen circumstances, Marianne Crebassa (mezzo-soprano) is unable to take part in the above concert. She will be replaced by Lea Desandre (mezzo-soprano). The programme remains the same.
- Le Concert d'Astrée
- Emmanuelle Haïm director, harpsichord, organ
- Sabine Devieilhe soprano
- Lea Desandre mezzo-soprano
Handel, like many young musicians, refined his craft in Italy. Emmanuelle Haïm and Le Concert d’Astrée bring the composer’s Italian years to life with three dramatic cantatas, including the tale of abandoned sorceress Armida, and one of his finest trio sonatas.
George Frideric Handel (1685-1759)
- Dietro l’orme fuggaci (Armida abbandonata) HWV105
- Trio Sonata No. 1 in B minor HWV386b Op. 2
- O numi eterni (La Lucrezia) HWV145
- Arresta il passo (Aminta e Fillide) HWV83