Sunday 10 November 2019 7:30PM
Leslie Howard piano
Mozart, Beethoven and Liszt
- Leslie Howard piano
Leslie Howard returns to Wigmore Hall, opening with two favourite sonatas composed only about 20 years apart, yet totally different in style. This Remembrance Sunday, he also includes Liszt’s 3 Odes funèbres, lamenting the deaths of his son Daniel and his daughter Blandine, followed by Le triomphe funèbre du Tasse which celebrates the memories that survive our death.
Notice of road works on Wigmore Street
There will be no vehicular access on Wigmore Street between Gloucester Place and Wimpole Street between 5 November and 15 November from 8.00AM to 6.00PM.
Parking on Wigmore Street will be restricted at all times. There will still be pedestrian access to Wigmore Hall. Please plan your trip to Wigmore Hall accordingly, and feel free to contact Box Office if you have any questions.
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (1756-1791)
- Piano Sonata in A K331
Ludwig van Beethoven (1770-1827)
- Piano Sonata No. 11 in B flat Op. 22
Franz Liszt (1811-1886)
- Ode funèbre: Les morts S516
- Ode funèbre: La notte S516a
- Ode funèbre: Le triomphe funèbre du Tasse S517
- Réminiscences de l’opéra Robert le Diable de Meyerbeer: Cavatine S412a
- Réminiscences de l’opéra Robert le Diable de Meyerbeer: Valse infernale S413