Sunday 10 November 2019 7:30PM
Leslie Howard piano
Mozart, Beethoven and Liszt
£5 tickets for Under 35s available. Login to book. View all U35 concerts and more information
Supported by Classic FM.
This concert will be approximately 2 hours in duration, including an interval
Ticket bookings are subject to a £3 booking fee. This fee covers the whole booking and is not per ticket.
- Leslie Howard piano
Leslie Howard returns to Wigmore Hall, opening with two favourite sonatas composed only about 20 years apart, yet totally different in style. This Remembrance Sunday, he also includes Liszt’s 3 Odes funèbres, lamenting the deaths of his son Daniel and his daughter Blandine, followed by Le triomphe funèbre du Tasse which celebrates the memories that survive our death.
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (1756-1791)
- Piano Sonata in A K331
Ludwig van Beethoven (1770-1827)
- Piano Sonata No. 11 in B flat Op. 22
Franz Liszt (1811-1886)
- Ode funèbre: Les morts S516
- Ode funèbre: La notte S516a
- Ode funèbre: Le triomphe funèbre du Tasse S517
- Réminiscences de l’opéra Robert le Diable de Meyerbeer: Cavatine S412a
- Réminiscences de l’opéra Robert le Diable de Meyerbeer: Valse infernale S413