Tuesday 19 June 2018 7:30PM
Mahan Esfahani harpsichord
Change of Programme
The programme for this concert has been amended from previously advertised and will now be as listed below:
- Mahan Esfahani harpsichord
Mahan Esfahani’s thrilling exploration of Bach’s harpsichord works continues.
The BBC Music Magazine Award-winning artist opens with a piece that sounds like an improvisation and includes the teenaged composer’s Capriccio, possibly written to bid fond farewell to a friend.
Johann Sebastian Bach (1685-1750)
- 9 Little Preludes BWV924-932 from Clavier-Büchlein for W.F. Bach
- Toccata in E minor BWV914
- Toccata in D minor BWV913
- Capriccio in B flat major (Capriccio on the Departure of his Most Beloved Brother) BWV992
- 5 Preludes BWV939-943
- English Suite No. 6 in D minor BWV811