Wednesday 18 March 2020 7:30PM
Cancelled: Mahan Esfahani harpsichord
In response to advice from Public Health England, Wigmore Hall will be closed from?Tuesday 17 March.?This event has therefore been cancelled.
- Mahan Esfahani harpsichord
Exactly what makes Bach’s French suites French is hard to define, but their use of the standard dance forms of the day such as the Allemande, Courante, Sarabande and Gigue have made them unusually attractive to generations of listeners as well as keyboard players.
Johann Sebastian Bach (1685-1750)
- French Suite No. 2 in C minor BWV813
- Prelude in A minor BWV922
- Fugue in B minor BWV951
- French Suite No. 3 in B minor BWV814
- Suite in A minor BWV818a
- French Suite No. 4 in E flat BWV815