Saturday 1 December 2018 7:30PM
Marlis Petersen soprano; Die Kölner Akademie chamber ensemble; Michael Alexander Willens director
CPE Bach and Telemann
This concert will be approximately 2 hours in duration, including an interval
Ticket bookings are subject to a £3 booking fee. This fee covers the whole booking and is not per ticket.
- Marlis Petersen soprano
- Die Kölner Akademie chamber ensemble
- Michael Alexander Willens director
Marlis Petersen continues her residency opening with fascinating works by CPE Bach, later exploring Telemann at his most companionable, in a divertimento celebrating a hunt and a meal, and at his most dramatic, in a cantata recounting the fate of Semele’s sister Ino.
Carl Philipp Emanuel Bach (1714-1788)
- Sinfonie in C Wq. 174
- Flute Concerto in G Wq. 169
- Cantata: Der Frühling Wq. 237 for soprano and strings
Georg Phillipp Telemann (1681-1767)
- Divertimento in E flat TWV50:21
- Cantata: Ino TWV20:41