Thursday 13 June 1901 3:00PM
Marthe Girod piano
Schumann and Chopin
- Marthe Girod piano
The second concert by French pianist and teacher Marthe Girod, who found success across Europe and America as a solo recitalist and also performing with orchestras such as the Berlin Philharmonic and the Concerts Colonne.
These two afternoon concerts of relatively standard, mostly Romantic repertoire are almost certainly the only appearances she ever made at Wigmore Hall – possibly due to her growing reputation on the continent as a performer in larger-scale works with orchestra.
Robert Schumann (1810-1856)
- Piano Sonata No. 1 in F sharp minor Op. 11 'Grosse Sonate'
- Papillons Op. 2
Fryderyk Chopin (1810-1849)
- Barcarolle in F sharp major Op. 60
- Three Etudes
- Ballade No. 4 in F minor Op. 52
- Nocturne in D flat major Op. 27 No. 2
- Fantasy in F minor Op. 49
- Polonaise in A major Op. 40 No. 1 'Militaire'