Thursday 26 April 2018 7:30PM
Matthias Goerne baritone; Alexander Schmalcz piano
Change of Programme
The programme for this concert has changed from previously advertised and will now be as listed below.
- Matthias Goerne baritone
- Alexander Schmalcz piano
Matthias Goerne, baritone, known for the breadth and depth of his artistry, returns to Wigmore Hall with an all-Brahms programme.
For his latest recital, he is joined by one of his partners from the series, Alexander Schmalcz, in some of Brahms’ most dramatic lieder.
Johannes Brahms (1833-1897)
- 9 Lieder und Gesänge Op. 32
- Sommerabend Op. 85 No. 1
- Mondenschein Op. 85 No. 2
- Der Tod, das ist die kühle Nacht Op. 96 No. 1
- Es schauen die Blumen Op. 96 No. 3
- Meerfahrt Op. 96 No. 4
- Four Serious Songs Op. 121