New Autumn Series
Wigmore Hall New Autumn Series includes 100 concerts livestreamed from 13 September - 22 December 2020
'It is a huge joy to announce that we will have 100 concerts between now and Christmas. Alongside the core chamber and song repertoire I have encouraged artists to explore 20th and 21st century composers and a diversity of repertoire throughout the series.'
John Gilhooly, Director
- Over 200 artists confirmed, of which over two-thirds are UK born or UK based, underlining Wigmore Hall’s efforts to get artists earning again.
- Not only soloists and duos, but trios, quartets and larger ensembles will return to Wigmore Hall for the first time since lockdown.
- Reaffirming Wigmore Hall’s ongoing commitment to diversity of repertoire and artists, performances include Apartment House, Kaleidoscope Chamber Collective, Tai Murray (violin), Elizabeth Llewellyn (soprano), Fatma Said (soprano), Roderick Williams (baritone), Arditti Quartet, Elena Urioste (violin), Kit Armstrong (piano), Mahan Esfahani (harpsichord), Claron McFadden (soprano) and Matthew Wadsworth (lute) and a digital fundraising concert for Chineke!.
- Most concerts will be in the presence of a limited and socially distanced audience.
- The Series includes 28 lunchtime concerts to be broadcast on BBC Radio 3.
Audiences Return to Wigmore Hall
Detailed plans have been drawn up to ensure that most concerts will be in front of an audience in the Hall.
Initially, numbers attending will be restricted to 56 people, 10% capacity, with the ability to move to 112 seats, 20% capacity as the season progresses.
Tickets will be ballotted. Find out more here.
Takes you straight to the live stream page.
If we are streaming, you can watch here.
Watch again - past live streams, updated daily throughout our Autumn 2020 Series
View forthcoming concerts in the New Autumn Series