Saturday 28 April 2018 7:30PM
Nikolai Lugansky piano
Schumann, Debussy and Rachmaninov
This concert will be approximately 2 hours in duration, including an interval
Priority Bookings made for the Spring booking period of our 2017/18 season are subject to an administration fee of £3.00 per booking.
This event is currently only available to Friends of Wigmore Hall, as part of a Priority Booking request. Public booking will open on Tuesday 6 February 2018.
If you are a Friend and would like to add this to your Priority Booking, please sign in; there is a 'Please sign in' link at the top of every page.
To become a Friend (from £50), and benefit from advance notice of concerts, priority booking and the opportunity to attend exclusive events, please visit Friends of Wigmore Hall.
- Nikolai Lugansky piano
Nikolai Lugansky, whose most recent recital album was praised by the Guardian for its ‘insightful and mature’ interpretations, returns to Wigmore Hall to explore composers central to his repertoire with a programme spanning a vast emotional landscape.
Robert Schumann (1810-1856)
- Kinderszenen Op. 15
Claude Debussy (1862-1918)
- Suite bergamasque
Sergey Rachmaninov (1873-1943)
- Prelude in F sharp minor Op. 23 No. 1
- Prelude in D minor Op. 23 No. 3
- Prelude in D major Op. 23 No. 4
- Prelude in G minor Op. 23 No. 5
- Prelude in E flat major Op. 23 No. 6
- Prelude in C minor Op. 23 No. 7
- Prelude in C major Op. 32 No. 1
- Prelude in B flat minor Op. 32 No. 2
- Prelude in E major Op. 32 No. 3
- Prelude in E minor Op. 32 No. 4
- Prelude in G major Op. 32 No. 5
- Prelude in G sharp minor Op. 32 No. 12
- Prelude in D flat major Op. 32 No. 13