Monday 14 May 2018 7:30PM
Leading Lights before the English Civil War
This concert will be approximately 2 hours in duration, including an interval
Priority Bookings made for the Spring booking period of our 2017/18 season are subject to an administration fee of £3.00 per booking.
This event is currently only available to Friends of Wigmore Hall, as part of a Priority Booking request. Public booking will open on Tuesday 6 February 2018.
If you are a Friend and would like to add this to your Priority Booking, please sign in; there is a 'Please sign in' link at the top of every page.
To become a Friend (from £50), and benefit from advance notice of concerts, priority booking and the opportunity to attend exclusive events, please visit Friends of Wigmore Hall.
- Laurence Dreyfus treble viol, director
- Emilia Benjamin treble viol
- Jonathan Manson tenor viol
- Markku Luolajan-Mikkola bass viol
- Heidi Gröger tenor viol
- Emily Ashton bass viol
John Jenkins and William Lawes lived in turbulent times. While the former survived the English Civil War, the latter died fighting for the Royalist cause.
Phantasm explores the composers’ sublime compositions for viol consort.
William Lawes (1602-1645)
- Consort Sett IV a5 in F major
- Consort Sett I a5 in G minor
- Consort Sett IX a6 in B flat major
- Consort Sett VIII a6 in F major
John Jenkins (1592-1678)
- Fantasia a5 No. 15 in D major
- Fantasia a5 No. 3 in G minor
- Fantasia a5 No. 8 in C minor
- Fantasia a5 No. 9 in C minor
- Fantasia a5 No. 1 in G major
- Fantasia a5 No. 17 in C major
- Fantasia a6 No. 8 in A minor
- Fantasia a6 No. 10 in E minor
- Fantasia a6 No. 5 in D minor
- Pavan a5 in F major
- Pavan a5 in G minor
- In nomine in E minor
- The Bell Pavan