Sunday 25 February 2018 7:30PM
Pieter Wispelwey cello; Alasdair Beatson piano
Reger and Brahms
This concert will be approximately 2 hours in duration, including an interval
Priority Bookings made for the Spring booking period of our 2017/18 season are subject to an administration fee of £3.00 per booking.
This event is currently only available to Friends of Wigmore Hall, as part of a Priority Booking request. Public booking will open on Tuesday 7 November 2017.
If you are a Friend and would like to add this to your Priority Booking, please sign in; there is a 'Please sign in' link at the top of every page.
To become a Friend (from £50), and benefit from advance notice of concerts, priority booking and the opportunity to attend exclusive events, please visit Friends of Wigmore Hall.
- Pieter Wispelwey cello
- Alasdair Beatson piano
Max Reger followed Brahms to become one of Germany’s greatest champions of absolute music as a composer of works that explore the colours and contrasts of sound.
Pieter Wispelwey unites Brahms and Reger in this fascinating programme.
Max Reger (1873-1916)
3 Suites for Cello Op. 131c
- Cello Suite No. 2 in D minor
- 3 Suites for Cello Op. 131c
Johannes Brahms (1833-1897)
- Sonata Op. 78 (cello transcription of Violin Sonata)
- Clarinet Sonata in F minor Op. 120 No. 1 (arr. Pieter Wispelwey for cello and piano)
- Clarinet Sonata in E flat major Op. 120 No. 2 (arr. Pieter Wispelwey for cello and piano)