Sunday 27 February 2022 7:30PM
Sergei Babayan piano; Martha Argerich piano
Mozart and Prokofiev
This concert is currently on advance sale to Friends of Wigmore Hall. For Friends booking dates, please visit our Priority Booking page. For information on becoming a Friend, please visit our Friends page.
If you are a Friend of Wigmore Hall and it is your time to book, please sign in at the top of the page.
General sale for this concert will open at 10:00AM on Tuesday 30 November.
This concert will be approximately 2 hours in duration, including an interval
Login to your Wigmore Hall account to access discounted ticket prices. Ticket bookings are subject to a £4 booking fee. This fee covers the whole booking and is not per ticket.
Priority Booking opens to Friends in order of membership level, before general sale opens.
If you are a Friend, and booking has opened for your membership level, please sign in to book. There is a ‘Please sign in’ link at the top of the page. For further information, visit our Friends Priority Booking page.
To join as a Friend, visit Friends of Wigmore Hall.
- Sergei Babayan piano
- Martha Argerich piano
Here he collaborates with another exceptional pianist in Mozart’s only sonata for two pianos, written in 1781, plus a substantial selection of theatrical or dramatic music by Prokofiev – notably from the ballet Romeo and Juliet, the opera War and Peace, plus incidental music and film scores – all in his own arrangements, which the pair have recorded to great acclaim.
Sergey Prokofiev (1891-1953)
12 Movements from Romeo and Juliet Op. 64
- (arranged by Sergei Babayan)
- 12 Movements from Romeo and Juliet Op. 64
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (1756-1791)
Sonata in D for 2 pianos K448
- Sonata in D for 2 pianos K448
Incidental music from Hamlet Op. 77
- The Ghost of Hamlet's Father (arranged by Sergei Babayan)
Incidental music from Eugene Onegin Op. 71
- Mazurka (arranged by Sergei Babayan)
- Polka (arranged by Sergei Babayan)
The Queen of Spades Op. 70
- Polonaise (arranged by Sergei Babayan)
- Idée fixe (arranged by Sergei Babayan)
Pushkin Waltzes Op. 120
- Pushkin Waltz No. 2 in C sharp minor (arranged by Sergei Babayan)
War and Peace Op. 91
- Natasha's and Andrei's Valse (arranged by Sergei Babayan)
- Incidental music from Hamlet Op. 77