Wednesday 2 May 2018 7:30PM
Simon Trpčeski piano
Grieg, Mendelssohn and Rimsky-Korsakov
£5 tickets are available to this concert for Under 35s More Information
This concert will be approximately 2 hours in duration, including an interval
Ticket bookings are subject to a £2.00 administration fee. This fee covers the whole booking and is not per ticket.
- Simon Trpčeski piano
Vibrant harmonies and enchanting melodies are common to the works in Simon Trpčeski’s recital.
The Macedonian pianist’s programme offers the chance to hear his stunning transcription of Rimsky- Korsakov’s tone-poem Sheherazade, a recent and utterly compelling addition to his broad repertoire.
Edvard Grieg (1843-1907)
- Holberg Suite Op. 40
Felix Mendelssohn (1809-1847)
- Song without Words in E major Op. 19b No. 1
- Song without Words in A major 'The Hunt' Op. 19b No. 3
- Song without Words in F sharp minor 'Venetianisches Gondellied' Op. 30 No. 6
- Song without Words in E flat major Op. 53 No. 2
- Song without Words in C minor Op. 38 No. 2
- Song without Words in G major 'Maidüfte' Op. 62 No. 1
- Song without Words in F sharp minor Op. 67 No. 2
Nikolay Andreyevich Rimsky-Korsakov (1844-1908)
- Sheherazade Op. 35 (trans. Paul Gilson)