Sunday 29 December 2019 7:30PM
Tara Erraught mezzo-soprano; James Baillieu piano
Loewe, Mahler, Trad/Irish and Harty
This concert will be approximately 2 hours in duration, including an interval
Priority Bookings made for our 2019/20 Season Autumn concerts are subject to an administration fee of £4.00 per booking.
This event is currently only available to Friends of Wigmore Hall, as part of a Priority Booking request. Public booking will open on Thursday 30 May 2019.
If you are a Friend and would like to add this to your Priority Booking, please sign in; there is a 'Please sign in' link at the top of every page.
To become a Friend (from £50), and benefit from advance notice of concerts, priority booking and the opportunity to attend exclusive events, please visit Friends of Wigmore Hall.
- Tara Erraught mezzo-soprano
- James Baillieu piano
An artist particularly celebrated in Munich now enjoying a fully international career, the Irish mezzo brings a programme combining German Lieder with Irish song.
Carl Loewe (1796-1869)
- Meine Ruh ist hin Op. 9
- Ach neige, du Schmerzensreiche Op. 9
- Über allen Gipfeln ist Ruh (Wandrers Nachtlied) Op. 9
- Der du von dem Himmel bist (Wandrers Nachtlied II) Op. 9
- Irrlichter Op. 62 No. 6
- Hinkende Jamben Op. 62 No. 5
- Das Pfarrjüngferchen Op. 62 No. 10
- Süsses Begräbnis Op. 62 No. 4
- O süsse Mutter Op. 62 No. 3
- Frauenliebe Op. 60
Gustav Mahler (1860-1911)
Des Knaben Wunderhorn
- Starke Einbildungskraft
- Hans und Grethe
- Rückert Lieder
- Des Knaben Wunderhorn
- Róisín Dubh
- The Lark in the Clear Air
Hamilton Harty (1879-1941)
- Lane o' the Thrushes
- Sea Wrack