Tuesday 9 April 2019 7:30PM
The Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center
Beethoven, Debussy, Dean and Brahms
This concert is part of Chamber Zone, a free ticket scheme for young people aged 8-25 years old. Please call the Box Office on 020 7935 2141 and quote “Chamber Zone” to book.
This concert will be approximately 2 hours in duration, including an interval
Ticket bookings are subject to a £3 booking fee. This fee covers the whole booking and is not per ticket.
- The Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center
- Tommaso Lonquich clarinet
- Arnaud Sussmann violin
- Yura Lee viola
- Nicholas Canellakis cello
- Wu Qian piano
The visiting Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center brings the UK première of what promises to be a major new work – a Wigmore co-commission by the Australian composer and viola player Brett Dean, whose opera Hamlet was a hit at Glyndebourne in 2017.
- Supported by CAVATINA Chamber Music Trust
Ludwig van Beethoven (1770-1827)
- String Trio in D Op. 9 No. 2
Claude Debussy (1862-1918)
- Première rapsodie
Brett Dean (b.1961)
- New work for clarinet, violin, cello and piano (European première) 
Johannes Brahms (1833-1897)
- Piano Quartet No. 1 in G minor Op. 25
- Co-commissioned by The Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center, Wigmore Hall and La Jolla Music Society