Tuesday 9 April 2019 7:30PM
The Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center
Beethoven, Debussy, Dean and Brahms
This concert will be approximately 2 hours in duration, including an interval
Priority Bookings made for the Summer booking period of our 2018/19 Season are subject to an administration fee of £4.00 per booking.
This event is currently only available to Friends of Wigmore Hall, as part of a Priority Booking request. Public booking will open on Tuesday 5 February 2019.
If you are a Friend and would like to add this to your Priority Booking, please sign in; there is a 'Please sign in' link at the top of every page.
To become a Friend (from £50), and benefit from advance notice of concerts, priority booking and the opportunity to attend exclusive events, please visit Friends of Wigmore Hall.
- The Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center
- Tommaso Lonquich clarinet
- Arnaud Sussmann violin
- Yura Lee viola
- Nicholas Canellakis cello
- Wu Qian piano
The visiting Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center brings the UK première of what promises to be a major new work – a Wigmore co-commission by the Australian composer and viola player Brett Dean, whose opera Hamlet was a hit at Glyndebourne in 2017.
Ludwig van Beethoven (1770-1827)
- String Trio in D Op. 9 No. 2
Claude Debussy (1862-1918)
- Première rapsodie
Brett Dean (b.1961)
- New work for clarinet, violin, cello and piano (European première) 
Johannes Brahms (1833-1897)
- Piano Quartet No. 1 in G minor Op. 25
- Co-commissioned by The Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center, Wigmore Hall and La Jolla Music Society