Thursday 8 February 2018 7:30PM
The English Concert; Harry Bicket; Nadja Zwiener; Jonathan Manson; Dorothee Mields
Buxtehude: Bach's Hero
This concert will be approximately 2 hours in duration, including an interval
Priority Bookings made for the Spring booking period of our 2017/18 season are subject to an administration fee of £3.00 per booking.
This event is currently only available to Friends of Wigmore Hall, as part of a Priority Booking request. Public booking will open on Tuesday 7 November 2017.
If you are a Friend and would like to add this to your Priority Booking, please sign in; there is a 'Please sign in' link at the top of every page.
To become a Friend (from £50), and benefit from advance notice of concerts, priority booking and the opportunity to attend exclusive events, please visit Friends of Wigmore Hall.
- The English Concert
- Harry Bicket director, organ
- Nadja Zwiener violin
- Jonathan Manson viola da gamba
- Dorothee Mields soprano
While Bach made his famous 500-mile journey to hear his hero play the organ, Buxtehude was similarly revered by Handel and Pachelbel.
In one of its more intimate configurations, The English Concert pays tribute to the great master alongside soprano Dorothee Mields.
Dietrich Buxtehude (c.1637-1707)
- Sonata in C BuxWV266
- Also hat Gott die Welt geliebet BuxWV5
- Trio Sonata in D minor BuxWV257
- Herr, auf dich traue ich BuxWV35
- Gen Himmel zu dem Vater mein BuxWV32
- Trio Sonata in G minor BuxWV261
- Trio Sonata in D major BuxWV267
- O fröhliche Stunden, o fröhliche Zeit BuxWV84