Wednesday 10 June 2020 7:30PM
Vijay Iyer piano; Aurora Orchestra; Duncan Ward conductor
This concert will be approximately 2 hours 15 minutes in duration, including an extended interval
Priority Bookings made for our 2019/20 Season Summer concerts are subject to an administration fee of £4.00 per booking.
This event is currently only available to Friends of Wigmore Hall, as part of a Priority Booking request. Public booking will open on Tuesday 4 February 2020.
If you are a Friend and would like to add this to your Priority Booking, please sign in; there is a 'Please sign in' link at the top of every page.
To become a Friend (from £50), and benefit from advance notice of concerts, priority booking and the opportunity to attend exclusive events, please visit Friends of Wigmore Hall.
- Vijay Iyer piano
- Aurora Orchestra
- Duncan Ward conductor
In a programme featuring the exceptional musicians of Aurora Orchestra, Wigmore Hall’s Composer in Residence will also perform with the group his substantial newly-commissioned work, which received its world première in Los Angeles in January 2019. ‘Crisis Modes,’ says the composer, ‘offers a version of the present in which we call each other to action.’
Wigmore Hall Podcasts
Ahead of his 2019/20 Residency, Wigmore Hall’s 2019/20 Composer in Residence Vijay Iyer invites Simon Rentner into his New York home to talk about the different aspects of his residency.
- With grateful thanks to the Patron, Benefactor and Supporter Friends of Wigmore Hall
Vijay Iyer (b.1971)
- Song for Flint for solo viola
- Musicalities for solo piano
- The Law of Returns for piano quartet
- Air from Musicalities for string quartet
- Mozart Effects for string quartet
- Run for solo cello
- Crisis Modes for strings and percussion (UK première) 
- Co-commissioned by the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association, Gustavo Dudamel, Music and Artistic Director; KölnMusik GmbH; and Wigmore Hall with the generous support of The Hargreaves and Ball Trust