Saturday 6 July 2019 7:30PM
Xavier Phillips cello; François-Frédéric Guy piano
£5 tickets for Under 35s available. Login to book. View all U35 concerts and more information
Supported by Classic FM.
This concert will be approximately 2 hours in duration, including an interval
Ticket bookings are subject to a £3 booking fee. This fee covers the whole booking and is not per ticket.
- Xavier Phillips cello
- François-Frédéric Guy piano
Devoting their programme to a single composer, two exceptional French artists perform almost the entirety of Beethoven’s output for cello and piano, demonstrating his range and development over a series of pieces produced between 1796 and 1815.
Ludwig van Beethoven (1770-1827)
- Cello Sonata in G minor Op. 5 No. 2
- 12 Variations on 'See the conqu'ring hero comes' from Handel's Judas Maccabaeus WoO. 45
- Cello Sonata in A Op. 69
- 7 Variations on 'Bei Männern, welche Liebe fühlen' from Mozart's Die Zauberflöte WoO. 46
- Cello Sonata in C Op. 102 No. 1
- Cello Sonata in D Op. 102 No. 2